Search This Blog

Monday 9 November 2009

us dil ko guzre to zamana bahut hua

It is very difficult not to get inspired; inadvertently my last Ghazal and this one are very similar to existing Ghazals. After composing this Ghazal I realized that it sounds very similar to a Ghazal of Ahmed Faraz. When I was writing it I had no idea about the theme and wordings of Faraz's Ghazal. Only thing that I could relate was that it has Ahmed Faraz's full name in the makta.
Subconsciously I am writing what I have read before. So my Ghazals are becoming an extension of an extant composition (particularly the last two). Earlier, this would have stopped me to pursue composition any further, the fear of getting inspired, the fear that I'll imitate. But now I have decided that however similar my writings are I will write. I remember reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez somewhere that it’s very natural to imitate when one has just begun to write; the style will follow later. I hope someday I would have my own distinct style.

फ़िक्र-ए-फिराक-ए-यार का तराना बहुत  हुआ
 चले भी आओ के इश्क का फ़साना बहुत हुआ
[फ़िक्र-ए-फिराक-ए-यार = worry of seperation from beloved ; तराना = song; फ़साना = story]

जिस दिल-ए-मासूम की है तुमको उम्मीद
 उस दिल को  गुज़रे  तो  ज़माना  बहुत  हुआ

 ज़ख्म-ए-दिल-ओ-जिगर है इश्क-ए-आराई
मेरे चारागर बस यह खजाना बहुत हुआ
[इश्क-ए-आराई = Ornament of Love; चारागर = healer/doctor; खजाना = treasure]

जीत न जाए मुहब्बत से पिंडार मेरा
करो इश्क आशकार के यह बहाना बहुत हुआ
[पिंडार = pride, आशकार = reveal/express]

 मुसाफिर उस राह का जिसका नहीं मंजिल-ए-अंजाम
संभल जाओ की जुनूं-ए-जाना बहुत हुआ
 [जुनूं-ए-जाना = madness for beloved]

कुव्वत-ए-सब्र को जो समझते है तेरी नाहिफी
उसके पीछे 'प्रशांत धीरज' , तू दीवाना बहुत हुआ
[कुव्वत-ए-सब्र = power of patience; नाहिफी = weakness]

'प्रशांत धीरज'

No comments: